The last post was all the uncommon emotions and words that I am thankful for… but here are some of these amazing Words from God that I am thankful and will forever be cherished as a promise to me.
The Bible is full of promises from a faithful Father. The word that in the midst of hard times we can grasp them and hide them in my heart.
I am thankful for…
- Comfort– Matthew 5:4, “Blessed are those who mourn, for they shall be comforted.” Mourning is not the just the loss of a loved one, but the loss of a relationship, the loss of a job or position, the loss of health. There are changes to our seasons in life that can be hard to let go, so we mourn and grieve, and we need to know that there is comfort on the other side. He simple tells those who are in the midst of hard times, that if you mourn, you will be comforted by the only One who can bring it. Take heart, Holy Spirit is your comforter. In your time of outcry, He is wrapping His arms around you and giving you comfort.
- Peace – Philippians 4:7, “The Peace that passes all understanding will guard your hearts and your minds.” I heard a minister say that if I want The Peace that passes understanding, we need to be willing to give up the right to understand. When life comes at us, and there is no immediate answer, we need to give up the right to sometimes make sense of it all. Be ok with not having the answer right now, but peace that comes from the Father is able to reach into our lives even those it does not make sense. The root word of peace translates, “nothing missing, nothing broken”. It doesn’t deny that our circumstances are not there, it simple says that the circumstance does not affect my faith.
- Covering– Psalms 91:4, “He will cover you with his feathers, and under His wings you will find refuge.” When there are places that we can feel attacked or exposed, the Father says that He will cover us with His Feathers. He is our refuge. When the moment in life that I am unsure, or need a place to hide from the storm, I know that His arms are big enough to shelter me. I can be safe until He says that its safe to come out. I am so thankful for His covering of me.
- Hope – Romans 15:13, “May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in Him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit.” Hope reminds me that when with storms come I am anchored to what He said I am, what He said will be, and what He said He will do. Hope is a word that gives me time to develop my faith and a sense of knowing, even when I don’t understand how the outcome will come. It’s not a wish or a fingers crossed answer, it’s a, “I can hold the truth that He is faithful and I trust you.”
- Restoration– Psalms 51: 12, “Restore to me the joy of your salvation and grant me a willing spirit, to sustain me.” When Job went through all the trials in his life, He kept the Lord before Him, and God restored His life back to more than the prior. When Jesus came on the scene, He always wanted to restore those who had none, or had a great loss to gain and restore all that was broken. He loves to restore. He wants to take our hurts, our pains, our broken pieces, and fully restore them to beauty. Don’t lose heart. He is restoring the pieces in your life that was broken to wholeness. He is faithful to do so. HE restores my soul.
It’s easy to neglect the words we long for in our lives. We get caught up in the midst of hard times and forget the past times when He fully came through. He is always coming for us. He is always wants to remind us that salvation is here. He wants to be thankful that even though the answer has not arrived, He is faithful and He will bring it. Gather all your Hope and Trust in Him, allow Him to comfort and bring you peace. Allow Him to cover you and restore all that seems broken. He just wants you to know that in He is ever –present.
Often times we look at the circumstances in our lives, and it becomes such heavy burden. A burden that we were never supposed to carry. When we fix our eyes and lean into the comfort of our Father…He is faithful. He sustains us and brings healing. Staying thankful says regardless of what the world looks like, I embrace who You are. Thankful that if He has done it before, He will do it again. Thankful that He draws near and we have a way out. Thankful that Hope arises and we can continue the journey. Thankful that we can have Joy and Peace that sustains and motivates us to move, even if it’s the tiniest steps.
Continue to stay thankful for what you have, and where you are going, and see the world around you change.